Illinois Beauty school programs in the Chicagoland area.
All three of our Illinois beauty school locations, Arlington Heights, Hanover Park and Lisle, offer the finest cosmetology training you could ask for with additional benefits to your education to help you learn more, do well and form a solid understanding and advanced training to help you get an edge on the competition.
Our Arlington Heights and Hanover Park locations also offer an additional specialized program for Teacher of Cosmetology. This intense program is available to licensed cosmetologists to help them find another purpose in their careers helping others. There’s no greater joy than teaching others and this program instructs students on how to develop lesson plans, establish a teaching method and much more.
About Our Programs
The Cosmetology Training program was developed to help you learn the foundations of the beauty industry from the ground up. You’ll learn how to:
· Operate salon equipment
· Develop your understanding of anatomy and physiology
· Learn how to properly care for hair such as cutting the proper way
· Blow drying the proper way
· And more.
The next phase of your education in the cosmetology program is learning how to cut, style, trim, design, and manipulate the hair for men and women. You’ll develop your own style and creativity. You’ll learn how to:
· Apply color, highlights and lowlights
· Perfect perms, roller sets and braids
· Style hair for proms, wedding and other up-dos
· Design your own style and incorporate your own flair
In addition to all the hair classes you’ll have, you’ll also learn about the skin and nails. You’ll:
· Apply makeup
· Perform pedicures, manicures and artificial nails
· Apply facials and other types of rejuvenating treatments for the skin
· And more
Another great part of Empire’s Illinois beauty school is the professional cosmetology kit each student personally receives to use while you’re in school and outside of the classroom. The kit contains a mannequin for you to practice all your skills on, makeup, nail polish, brushes and irons, clips and capes, and more. Once you graduate take your kit with you to your first professional position in the cosmetology industry.